Half-Deaf: the trial
Today I woke up without much hearing in my left ear. Not a world-changing event by any means, but today has been rather interesting because of it. Here is a list of observations:
- Hearing a bus in my right ear was almost overwhelming with almost no sound on the left side.
- I think I may have tended rightward because of my now lost sense of cardinal direction (which is something I may miss dearly, because using the Sun is certainly more work than need be)
- It turns out my headphones haven't been on Stereo since I got them. I got them fixed and they sound super nice. Except they're really loud on the right side.
- The cafeteria was particularly chaotic today. Actually, the cafeteria is always chaotic. Nevermind.
- I don't think it would be a very good idea to go on a bike ride right now.
- I think that my sense of temperature is off today. The walk to Wal*Mart was exceptionally hot. My room is rather chilly. I don't get cold, I'm Kyle Hotchkiss.
- Lots of new music came out today. Coincidence... I think not.
- Can it be winter now?
There. Now you know what it’s like to be half deaf for a day. Or me for a day. Not sure which applies more.